Friday, June 13, 2008

Finished!


Back at the beginning of the year, I was in Michaels Arts & Crafts and walked by the yummiest color of yarn. It is so rich and soft that at only $2 a skein, I couldn't resist. So I decided to make myself an afghan. I have a book with 26 different crochet patterns for afghans. My goal is to make all of them at some point. So far, this will be my 6th from this book. (I am also learning to knit and have a knitted one in the works but not from this book)

This one turned out really big. I purposely made it 1/3 larger than the pattern. I wanted one that I could really snuggle into.


This rose pink one I finished in time for Isabella's 5th birthday for her.



Blue is Victor's favorite color. For Christmas 2004, he received this from me. At the time I was making it, he was in California while the rest of us were in Michigan living out the last few months of a lease before joining him. So it was very easy to work on it w/o giving away the surprise.


Left: I made in a light blue for Ann-Marie in 2005.
Center: I made in a light yellow for my mother-in-law 2005.
Right: I made for my mother 2005


My first afghan was a sampler. Definitely the way to go when you are a beginner. I learned many different stitches. It was a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Aly said...

I'm so impressed. I've tried a little knitting, but can't keep my rows even. Maybe someday...