Sebastian was born over an eventful weekend. We were living in California and my brother, Sheldon, was marrying his sweetheart, Sarah, on Friday, Feb. 23rd in the San Diego Temple(BTW, Happy Anniversary Sheldon and Sarah!) Much of my family was staying with us for the wedding. Mom came out on Wednesday, my water broke Thursday, but just drips. Since I had no contractions or other signs of labor, I decided to attend the wedding Friday morning. In the sealing room, I could feel the contractions starting, but I said a silent prayer that they would cease and convinced my body to stop. We went thru the whole ceremony and rest of the day, including the reception in the evening and had a lovely time, although Mom, Victor and my midwife were nervous. After the reception I had a blessing telling me that the Lord was in control and the baby was fine and that I should go home and get some rest. So we went home and went to bed. Around 4 am I started having real back labor contractions and we went to the birth center. Sebastian was born 1 1/2 hours later at 5:30 Saturday morning. Perfect timing. Mom was there at the birth. Dad and Genie, Benjamin and Melinda all got to see him before they left.
9 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment