One of the few things I really love about Florida is the rain. Florida is called the "Sunshine State" which is funny because it rains so much here! Of course rain + sun = rainbows and I have seen more here than previously in my whole life. I love the clouds (it's still muggy but not as hot) and despite the major headaches I get from the low pressure systems, I have always loved thunderstorms. We get lots here, almost daily from May until October. It is usually at the same time daily. The first summer we were here the heavens always opened between 1 and 2 pm, rain so hard you could barely see to the driveway. Last summer and into autumn, it rained daily between 3:30 and 4:30...just in time to pick up the kids from school. The funny thing is...I don't have an umbrella. In California I had 3 and never needed them. Now I haven't yet bought even 1 thought I've been in FL for 4 years. Procrastination...I'm good at something! LOL
I think Florida is the lightning capitol of the country, if not the world. All the parks have warning signs & alarms for lightning. Last night we had rain without any thunder so the kids actually got to play in it, which is a rarity.
9 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment