Thursday, November 13, 2008

Advice to Advice-givers.

Sebastian has been sick. And so obviously so that we have been given advice from everyone and anyone. He has major coughing fits anytime, anywhere.


-Don't let him out in the cold.
-Don't let stay in a warm, stuffy room.
-He needs to drink (pick one...)
*Cinnamon tea, Rosemary tea, lemon/honey tea, tea from aloe vera,
-Try a nebulizer
-Use (any number of OTC meds)
- Don't let him run around
-Activity will make him sweat it out
-and on...and on...

I don't mind the advice (We actually tried the cinnamon tea and it seemed to ease the cough some) Some ideas are pretty good.

What I DO mind if people being offended if I DON'T take their advice. After all, I have more details of what's going on. I'm the one who has taken him to the doctor. I'm the one who knows what has been tried and what already isn't (or is) working. I'm the PARENT!!!

So, if you are one of those people giving advice, thank you!

But please understand that if I don't take it, it is not meant as an offense against you.

****
Now Isabella & Monica are getting ill too.

0 comments: