I hate vampires. They scare me. When I was 7, I watched Buck Rogers (remember that show?!) and the villian for the episode was a blood-sucking 'space' vampire. It scared me so bad that to this day if I am alone in a dark house and my thoughts turn spooky, I often look behind me to make sure no vampires are there...lol. At one point I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula, which only made the phobia worse!
So...how DID I get caught up in the whole Twilight mania? Dallin brought a book home, Eclipse, I think. I picked it up and flipped thru it curious about what Dallin was reading now. I happened to open it right to a steamy romance scene which kicked in my parenting instincts...was this really something he should be reading?
So, not being one to judge a book by its cover or too be hasty in banning it, I started to read it. And I was hooked before the end
of the first chapter. So I've finished all of them except the first, Twilight. I even read the posting on Stephanie Meyer's (the author) website of the draft of Midnight Sun which had been leaked on the web.
of the first chapter. So I've finished all of them except the first, Twilight. I even read the posting on Stephanie Meyer's (the author) website of the draft of Midnight Sun which had been leaked on the web.Anyway...written by a BYU graduate, it is an incredible love story w/ just enough romantic steaminess to intice w/o going over the line. And I really appreciate the whole 'wait until we are married' insistance from Edward, the male love interest, as well as the emphasis on families.
I'm still not sure about the movie coming out. How can it possibly be as good as the books?



0 comments:
Post a Comment